NAPOLI + FLAMING FIELDS + ISLE OF ISCHIA
SEPTEMBER 13-21, 2020
LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION: Castello Aragonese (470 BC). ITALY Magazine named it among ITALY'S 5 MOST SPECTACULAR CASTLES.
Come explore it, by water and by guided tour. Experience first-hand why this magnificent castle (atop a giant magma bubble!)
Mythology meets the Medicinal: a 9-day luxury adventure
- SEPTEMBER 13- 21, 2020 -
NAPOLI + FLAMING FIELDS + Isle of ISCHIA
Your deposit saves your spot.
This will prove to be an epic adventure in exploration of 3000-year-old Napoli and the magnificent "spa-island" of Ischia, the oldest Greek outpost.
This adventure is for you if you love:
- meeting wonderful, vibrant Italians
- hearing mythic tales recounted in their original settings
- visiting unique geographic environs-- without the crowds
- hiking, swimming and boating in stunning settings
- savoring world-class slow foods and wines
- traveling in a relaxed way with a small group of interesting and curious-minded people.
HIGHLIGHTS INCLUDE: (See detailed list under "What's Included" below)
- 3 nights in luxury, Old World elegance. Your seaside balcony overlooks the stunning panorama of the Bay of Napoli all the way down to Sorrento. Break is served on the Grand Terrace each morning.
- 5 nights in your colorful seaside island hotel. Relax on your private balcony, sip a glass of crisp biancolella as you marvel at the ever-changing colors of the sky.
- SPECTACULAR, EXHILARATING TREK to the TOP of MT. EPOMEO (with the world's most fun hiking guide and mountain man). You will be rewarded with a delicious lunch of slow foods and wines, enjoyed around the table at his authentic mountain agriturismo.
- MYTHOLOGY. Visit the ancient Greek settlement of Cumae,the Grotta of priestess Sybil that inspired the ancient tales of HOMER and VIRGIL.
- Guided tour of the BEST-PRESERVED COLOSSEUM in Italy, designed by the architects of the more famous one in Rome.
- A guided visit to the unique geographic and geothermal Flaming Fields north of Napoli- that were the "Hamptons of Ancient Rome."
- City Romp of Napoli's centro storico. Our local guide will regale us with tales both ancient and modern-day and we will be sure to taste the centuries-old culinary staples of caffe' napoletano and pastries such as the sfogliatella and the pastiera. Topped off with lunch in an authentic pizzeria.
- MEDICINAL. INCREDIBLE SPA DAY: The best in Man molding Nature. Luxuriate in the island's premiere spa complex: restorative thermal mineral waters mixed with fresh sea water make a series of temperature regulated pools, a shimmering private beach and a natural sauna inside a mountain cave!
- A DAY OUT ON THE WATER IN YOUR PRIVATE GOZZI BOAT + Lunch. The only way to truly experience the natural beauty of the island: green tuff rock formations meet an emerald sea. Stopping to swim and snorkel in quiet coves.
- HIKE TO THE TOP OF A VOLCANO! (Add-on adventure.) Enjoy this exhilarating trek to a stunning panorama from the highest point on the "Green Island." Your local guide is a passionate and fascinating naturalist. You will be rewarded with a bountiful organic lunch at his slow food agriturismo. Fee: $150. Minimum of 4 participants required. Fee includes guide, organic lunch + wine and round-trip transportation.
-WELCOME TO ISCHIA: DINNER COOKED ON THE BEACH IN THE HOT VOLCANIC SANDS!
- ENJOY WORLD-CLASS FOODS + WINES.
- Travel in a relaxing way and forge new friendships with your small group.
NAPOLI: The people and the city have Lisa's heart. She can't wait to show you why.
3000 years of philosophy, of passione, pizza, chaos, color, serenity, magic and myths- both ancient and modern.
ISCHIA: For years, Lisa has been visiting the charming and rustic fishing village, described as the "Capri of the 1950's". Now she wants to share it with you. National Geographic recently called it "Italy's Best-Kept Secret."
Travel like an insider. Meet Lisa's friends. Reap the benefits of traveling with your own personal interpreter, language coach and guide.
Mythology meets the Medicinal
SEPTEMBER 13 - 21, 2020
NAPOLI + FLAMING FIELDS + ISLE OF ISCHIA
10 - guest limit. Your deposit saves your spot.
9 glorious days for $4295
Trip price based on double occupancy booking and does not include airfare.
Single supplement fee is $950.
Start the new decade right -- DON'T MISS OUT!
TRIP PRICE: $4295
Note: Trip Price does not include airfare and is based on double-occupancy.
There is a Single-Guest Supplement Fee of $950
BOOKINGS & QUESTIONS: Info@SlowTravelwithLisa.com
"Best Vacation Ever!" Contact email@example.com to learn more.
Copyright © 2017-20 Slow Travel with Lisa
All Rights Reserved.